Marketing Assistant Needed
Posted by michael | August 10, 2011
The Vann Group is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to handle marketing activities for its various operating companies. The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail oriented, able to easily multi-task and have exceptionally strong comprehension and writing skills. Primary job responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, send and monitor weekly/monthly email newsletters for each of our companies, which will require writing for different audiences.
- Utilize current and past content to develop, market and disseminate a broad range of marketing material that is both promotional and educational. This includes White Papers, handouts, PowerPoint Presentations, etc.
- Assist with the development, marketing and schedule of podcasts, and webinars.
- Maintain and update website content on an as-needed basis to ensure it reflects current activities and messaging.
- Develop and maintain social media activities such as LinkedIn Groups, Facebook fan pages, Twitter accounts, etc.
- Drive SEO by promoting content/events on SEO friendly sites like Digg, Scribd and create back links on relevant third party sites.
- Identify concepts and related sources for blog, white paper and presentation topics and write blog posts on an as-needed basis.
- Grow/maintain the general and company specific customer databases to ensure that all information is correct and permissions are maintained.
- Provide reports on website analytics/metrics obtained from third party services and tools such as Google Analytics
The qualified candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent Writing and Editing Skills: Need to convey ideas effectively
- Excellent Computer Skills: Very proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and the Internet. Familiarity with WordPress and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Organized: Able to manage multiple projects.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Proactive: Can work independently when required and looks for ways to go beyond.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Able to get along well with others and create productive working relationships.
- A Bachelors Degree and/or related work experience is required.